PROBLEMS TO REGISTER? CAN'T POST? - PLEASE EMAIL US HERE!!

THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY. NO SOURCING, DEALING OR UNLICENSED VENDOR LINKS.

Thread: Passion Flower (Passiflora incarnata)

Thanks

Default Passion Flower (Passiflora incarnata)

Medicinal & Shamanic Information
    The Passion Flower, also known as Maypop has been implemented into many cultures as both a medicine and tonic. Mostly, the plant has served a distinct purpose in the Americas; North, Central and South. The Houma tribe used P. incarnate flowers as a tonic to soothe and calm the spirit while some others such as the Yukatan favored it as a cure for insomnia. Passion Flowers finally earned recognition in North America in the early 1900s. Scientific studies became more and more intense, proving the incredible potential for this plant as an aid for headaches, anxiety, insomnia, depression, tension caused by menstruation or menopause and many other nervous disorders. Maypop has shown to be completely safe because it is non addictive or habit forming. The sedating and tranquilizing effects gently guide one into peaceful sensations, soothing and calming mental state and complete relaxation.Passion Flower contains the alkaloid Harmaline which is why it has been added to the famous religious brew known as Ayahuasca. It contains many other flavonoids as well.
    ~~~ cRawLing To HeLL WiTh sOme WhisKy And A bLuNt ~~~it's dark and hell is hot

Thanks

this stuff is pretty good ! i really wanna grow this i think kanna is a tad more powerfull but i think there simmiler in a Effects .

Thanks

EFFECTS CLASSIFICATION
    Mild Sedative

DESCRIPTION
    Passion Flower is a woody vine with intricate blue, purple, red, or white flowers. Several species, which act as sedatives and anxiolytics, are consumed as a tea or herbal supplement. Some Passion Flower species may contain small amounts of MAOIs, potentially interacting with other chemicals and medications. And some species, notably P. caerulea, also contain poisonous cyanogenic glycoside.

Thanks

a lot of people make tea from it !
    u could also smoke it ! i lot of people mix it with weed and i hear it changes the effects !

Thanks

Default Passiflora incarnata

Passion flower has a mild sedative effect that encourages sleep. This property has been well-substantiated in numerous studies on animals and humans. Nervous symptoms and cramps that inhibit sleep are alleviated by ingestion of the herb, and leading quickly to restful uninterrupted and deep sleep. When Spanish explorers first encountered the Indians of Peru and Brazil, they found this plant used in native folk medicine as a sedative. They took it back to Spain, from whence it gradually spread throughout Europe. It was in Europe that the leaves of the plant first found use as a sedative and sleep-inducing substance. Interestingly, its sedative effect was not noted by American until lately.

Today, more than 400 species of passion flower are found throughout the world. The active constituents of passion flower can be broadly classified as alkaloids and flavonoids, supported in their actions by a variety of other constituents, including amino acids, sugars, coumarins, and alcohols (actually sterols).

A decoction of passion flower has been successfully used in bronchial asthma. It has been used in Europe and America as a topical treatment for burns; compresses of the herb have a marked effect on inflammations.

The leaves of Passiflora edulis are used in South America as a diuretic and for hemorrhoidal inflammations. In Brazil, Passiflora incarnata is used as an antispasmodic and sedative. In North America, passion flower is often used as an analgesic and anticonvulsant, with some success noticed in cases of tetanus. In Italy, a combination of passion flower, belladonna, and lobelia is used to treat asthma. In Poland, a proprietary drug for treating excitability, contains an extract of passion flower.

Numerous homeopathic drugs contain passion flower; it is possible that the main sedative activity of the plant is truly homeopathic in nature, being in that respect a function of the harman alkaloid constituents otherwise stimulant in nature.

Passion flower has been commonly used in the treatment of nervous, high-strung, easily excited children; cardiovascular neuroses; bronchial asthma; coronary illness; circulation weakness; insomnia; problems experienced during menopause; concentration problems in school children; and in geriatrics. There is some experimental support for these applications.

Passion flower appears completely nontoxic, and has been approved for food use by the FDA.

We always keep an ample supply of Passiflora incarnata in stock at PlantShaman's Botanicals!
    "I'll try to be around and about. But if I'm not, then you know that I'm behind your eyelids, and I'll meet you there." Terence Mckenna, Kona, September 1999

Thanks

passiflora makes your girlfriend horny