PROBLEMS TO REGISTER? CAN'T POST? - PLEASE EMAIL US HERE!!

THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY. NO SOURCING, DEALING OR UNLICENSED VENDOR LINKS.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aldous Huxley Appreciation Thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GOA View Post
    This guy is basically the modern grandfather of psychedelics... before Albert Hoffman or Timothy Leary even.

Aleister Crowley holds #1 however, as he documented and experimented with the effects and influence of magic mushrooms and mescaline before most other Europeans during the time. Huxley actually was influenced by Aleister Crowley for most of his early psychedelic experiences.

Nice little tidbit of info I thought you may like you know.

well i have study the works of the great albert hoffman and of course timothy leary and of course alester crowley ........so iam verry intersested !!!
    nostradamas seem kewl to ..........can u recamend me a book from Aldous Huxley ?
    ~~~ cRawLing To HeLL WiTh sOme WhisKy And A bLuNt ~~~it's dark and hell is hot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildguy6969 View Post
    well i have study the works of the great albert hoffman and of course timothy leary and of course alester crowley ........so iam verry intersested !!!
    nostradamas seem kewl to ..........can u recamend me a book from Aldous Huxley ?
    The Doors of Perception & Heaven And Hell

or

Brave New World

Both are most excellent.
    Last edited by GOA; 11-19-2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Correction to book title
    All things in moderation...

Thanks

thanx will check those out GOA
    ~~~ cRawLing To HeLL WiTh sOme WhisKy And A bLuNt ~~~it's dark and hell is hot

Thanks

Howdoo - if you do decide to check out the doors of perception then I'd reccomed Heaven and Hell - purely beause I read it straight after and it flows as one book. If you PM me I'll happily send you my copy if you have trouble finding it online,. As far as Huxley non-fiction goes it's a very interesting read.

Thanks

"A fanatic is a man who consciously over compensates a secret doubt"

Thanks

I have been a massive fan of Brave new world and the Island for years. Once I read Heaven and Hell and his descriptions of a trip in the Doors of Perception I was hooked. Classic writer with some unique thoughts(for his time) on what a psychedelic experience can be.

Does anyone know if it is true that he took a large dose of a psychedelic just before time of death?
    Is anyone awake here on earth?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thirdeyelasik View Post
    I have been a massive fan of Brave new world and the Island for years. Once I read Heaven and Hell and his descriptions of a trip in the Doors of Perception I was hooked. Classic writer with some unique thoughts(for his time) on what a psychedelic experience can be.

Does anyone know if it is true that he took a large dose of a psychedelic just before time of death?
    Yes, he was administered two separate 100 microgram doses of LSD just prior to the time of his death... intravenously. Apparently he died very peacefully.

Thanks

A great man deserving of appreciation, thus I contribute to the thread! I wish there were more thinkers of his kind around today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deven View Post
    Poisoned is very harmless and every one knows this reality and still in the world suicide with poison is increasing and there is the government taking any action.

Thanks

The late Terence McKenna is another psychedelic and consciousness pioneer that I greatly recognize.

Thanks

BNW had a profound effect upon my young mind and Huxley will always be high on my list of favorite writers because of it. He also was influential on one of his students named Orwell.