Hi all,

I'm a social researcher working on research about Internet forums and the use of research chemicals/NPS, particularly the use of forums like this as a harm reduction tool, as well as a site of possible democratic resistance against prohibition.

Overall my research aims to challenge assumptions about drug users being irresponsible risk takers, and highlight the issues which mainstream media and political discourse inflict on drug users in terms of misinformation and discriminating stereotypes, as well as the harms and consequences of the Misuse of Drugs Act in the context of NPS use.

I am also a drug user, and I have been using forums myself for several years, although mostly lurking, since around 2008.

If you are an NPS/research chemical user, then I would really appreciate it if you fill out my survey below - all your answers are anonymous and confidential and it only takes 5 minutes. This is your chance to have your voice heard and contribute to research which challenges the status quo of drug policy.

The survey can be found here:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1770602/at...egal-highs

I am also looking to do more in-depth interviews with some people, these can be done in person or over Skype video/voice call - again interview data will be kept entirely confidential and anonymous.

If anyone has any questions or would just like to chat, please get in touch.