PROBLEMS TO REGISTER? CAN'T POST? - PLEASE EMAIL US HERE!!

THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY. NO SOURCING, DEALING OR UNLICENSED VENDOR LINKS.

Thread: Preferred shipping method for RC's

Thanks

Default Preferred shipping method for RC's

What is everyone's opinion on shipping methods for their compounds? I've always used USPS/EMS.

However, I have been evaluating new suppliers and a couple of candidates have claimed that they typically use FedEx. There's very little information on the web about this. In fact, the only mention that I could find stated that USPS is superior because they require a warrant to open a package and private carriers such as UPS and FedEx can open them whenever they please.

Is this true? Would some veterans please weigh in on this and let me know what route they would choose?
    If you don't know, PLEASE ask. This is a harm reduction site!
    If I've helped you in some way, please don't forget "rep points" and "thanks"
    PLUR!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mdxxme For This Useful Post:

randyguy13 (11-22-2013)

Thanks

That sounds about right! I read something like that saying a private carrier can do what they want but USPS has to go through just more than just being able to open your mail.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to theG For This Useful Post:

randyguy13 (11-22-2013)

Thanks

USPS first class & priority mail is protected from search by the post office without a warrant. UPS & Fed Ex can search your packages at will, so use the post office

When sending contraband wrap it in a paper bag or piece of paper, that way if the sorting machine does eat your package the insides won't become displayed. At that point postal workers will seal your package in a "damaged mail" baggy and forward it to it's final destination.
    Last edited by jones; 12-13-2013 at 03:57 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jones For This Useful Post:

mdxxme (03-28-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jones View Post
    When sending contraband wrap it in a paper bag or piece of paper, that way if the sorting machine does eat your package the insides won't become displayed. At that point postal workers will seal your package in a "damaged mail" baggy and forward it to it's final destination.
    \

This is a phenomenal tip, as heavy paper wouldn't add girth and bulk as does the bubble wrap sometimes used for this purpose, which are red flags for a manual search.

It is also noteworthy that the next thing wrapped around your product after the standard zipper bag(s) should be an EMI-shielded bag of the fully reflective variety. This does much to ensure that the X-Ray machines won't get a good look inside the package with the least amount of proverbial eyebrow-raising. I attribute this to the fact that China is also a hotspot for exporting computer parts, many of which require these bags.
    PLUR!

Thanks

My guys always use a "seal a meal" bag & machine to vacuum pack the substance. Then they re-seal that bag at least two more times and wrap it in some brown paper as I mentioned
    above. The reason for the multiple wrappings is because marijuana, for example will permeate the plastic, however it will take a matter of time, perhaps several weeks, before a dog
    will be able to actually smell the weed well enough to ID the package. Vacuum wrap is cheap, so do everyone a favor and use it several times, that way if the package does not make it
    in the scheduled time, the substance (and shipper & receiver) will be safe anyhow!

Thanks

Very well, then. I had been referring to RC shipments from outside one's own country.

That said, the one you describe is the exact method I see for intra-country transport of plant goods. As much as I hate the classification, we could start a thread dedicated to that in the Illegals section. It could prove useful for many.
    PLUR!