PROBLEMS TO REGISTER? CAN'T POST? - PLEASE EMAIL US HERE!!

THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY. NO SOURCING, DEALING OR UNLICENSED VENDOR LINKS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kicking the habit

Thanks

Default Kicking the habit

What tips could be provided for kicking the old MJ habit for someone who aims to reduce overall drug use? Cold turkey?
    All things in moderation...

Thanks

its not too hard as long as you have stuff to do

ive not given up but i have reduced the amount i smoke buy a fair bit, had to cos i couldnt afford it any longer

went from smoking about 2 gram per day to 3.5g-7g a week, and go for a few days without it now too instead of constantly having it

i had to go cold turkey from it for about 3 weeks though at first and the first week was a bit shit. could hardly sleep and didnt eat much for a few days

after that tho it was fine, just keep yourself occupied and good luck

Thanks

Thanks bro,

Same deal here, really. It's becoming a financial burden, plus I'm not getting desirable effects AT ALL anymore. Physiologically I have the desire to smoke, but when I do, I get the shit side-effects like anxiety, dysphoria, and lack of motivation... it's just not worth it anymore, at least not for awhile.

Thanks

im sure you can do it GOA

i know what you mean, it becomes like smoking cigarrettes a bit and oyu dont really notice the high anymore!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shizerbeard View Post
    im sure you can do it GOA

i know what you mean, it becomes like smoking cigarrettes a bit and oyu dont really notice the high anymore!
    EXACTLY! It definitely feels like a nicotine addiction, and to be honest, it probably is. I use tobacco as a stopper in my bongs, probably 1/3 of what I put in. But after doing this for several years, I think I'm craving the nicotine more than the cannabinoids. A part of my plan is to get some "1st step" nicotine patches. I was going to get some synth cannabinoids as well to make things easier, but it looks like I'll have to do without.

Madness, I tell you... But it's time to be in control.

Thanks

As long as you have a way of getting the replacement nicotine in your system its a piece of piss. Vaguely suppressed appetite, insomnia and vivid dreams only last a couple days and I dont really notice a craving at all.

Good luck dude

Thanks

i get vivid as fuck dreams forever when i stop smoking! kicks in after a few days of being dry (enever ever remember dreams when im stoned)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shizerbeard View Post
    i get vivid as fuck dreams forever when i stop smoking! kicks in after a few days of being dry (enever ever remember dreams when im stoned)
    Same here. Vivid and very fucking weird dreams when not smoking for a couple days, though no recollection otherwise...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GOA View Post
    EXACTLY! It definitely feels like a nicotine addiction, and to be honest, it probably is. I use tobacco as a stopper in my bongs, probably 1/3 of what I put in. But after doing this for several years, I think I'm craving the nicotine more than the cannabinoids. A part of my plan is to get some "1st step" nicotine patches. I was going to get some synth cannabinoids as well to make things easier, but it looks like I'll have to do without.

Madness, I tell you... But it's time to be in control.
    I wouldn't use synth cannabinoids to get off weed. I found it much harder to stop using synthetics than I did weed.

Things can be very boring for the first week or so after quiting if you've been smoking for a long time. I found the best thing to do was go down to the pub and have a few pints, this way your in a fun atmosphere and your getting a buzz and it will help you forget about smoking, it helped me anyway.

Thanks

I'm going to depress you now for which i apologise

I stopped smoking it about 4 years ago. Not by choice, but because my ex-girlfriend gave me an ultimatum (the ridiculous things we will do in the name of love )

Anyway, I'd pretty much smoked it every day for probably 5 years. Even at work I would have two or three spliffs out the back.

When I had to stop, it was bloody aweful, and can honestly say it was the hardest thing I have ever done, and will probably be the hardest thing I will ever do.

For the first month, I only slept every third night!! I would lie in bed for 8 hours or whatever it was, and not get one wink of sleep. Before anyone says that's not possible. It is. I went through it. The best way to describe it is, it was like i had completely forgotten how to sleep without weed.

I'm sure my problem was with the phycological addiction and nothing chemical. I never craved it when i stopped it was just the lack of sleep that was driving me completely nuts.

On a positive note, my old housemate who had smoked it as much as me, had no problems stopping, and it was easily the best thing I have done. I have no issues at all with cannabis, but everything in moderation, but unfortunately, my psyche fails to recognise such a concept
    Last edited by madaboutmeph; 09-03-2009 at 03:54 PM.