PROBLEMS TO REGISTER? CAN'T POST? - PLEASE EMAIL US HERE!!

THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY. NO SOURCING, DEALING OR UNLICENSED VENDOR LINKS.

Thread: TRAMADOL: THE UNSCHEDULED 5-HT RELEASER

Thanks

Default TRAMADOL: THE UNSCHEDULED 5-HT RELEASER

I would like to start a thread based purely on tramadol and mainly its and often overlooked ability to release 5-ht along with other neurochemical actions like: norepinephhrine re-uptake, mu(opioid) receptor agonism,NMDA antagonism, acts as a agonist nad antgonist at various 5-ht rector types and subtypes, a nicotinic acetylcholine receptor antagonist.. THE real issue is that there is massive demand and a trend in chemical neuromechanicanical prefference towards monoamine releasers, more specifically serotonin releasing agents(SRAs). FROM MDMA itself to the" beta-ketone revolution" that the RC community has bear witness to, seems soely on the revision of substituted amphetamines(MDXX/Xamphetamine) and to a leser extent phenethylamines(basic) to their cathinone(beta-ketone) equivalents, in search of legal and quasi legal empathogen/entactogents/serenics(anti-aggressive agents). Wich usually if not always base their action on the release of monoamines mainly serotonin. YES there have been many tryptamines (AMT for example) and odd morpholine(not morphine) derived chems that posess this sought after mechanism of action(MOA). But all along shuned by opiate addicts due to low potency, scalded upon by recreational users for lowered seazure threshold, there was Tramadol, wich does have a cult folowing for people that find its subtle( and sometimes not so subtle) effect of (serenic) euphoria, social lubrication, motivation, mild analgesic action, off-lable RLS cure, potent anti-depressant(and fast acting)!!, and with a small dose of a benzodiazepine or high dose valerian( DO NOT COMBINE WITH KAVA) will erradicate the seizure worry at even maximum prescribed dosage, unless you are prone in wich you are usually already on a anti-convulsant in the first place, can provide a euphoria that many either dont get due to metabolism(CYP enzyme deficiency) or dont get due to high stimulant tolerance/opioid tolerance. But if you are one of the few that find tramadol and its unique mechanisms of action( for a unscheduled RX) a very nice and sometimes highly synergistic chem i would love to here comments questions, and horror stories concerning this compound. keep in mind that there are far more potent 5-ht releasers, but til this day i have yet to find a forgiving one used chronically (several years) that continues to do what it does, and contrary to what docs will tell you it is addictive and has a terrible withdrawl( think mild opiate/strong anti-depressant withdrawl) thus cycling is in order for dosing to minimize tolereance issues, that would arrise with daily dosages acceding 100mgs.
    Last edited by t9358; 05-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    "you can always ingest more of a chemical to reach desired effect, but never take back what you have already ingested"

Thanks

I've known some people that are big fans of tramadol and have a highly euphoric experience but those people are far and few between. When I take tram myself I feel nothing and at high doses it induces vomiting and unexplainable rage. It really is a hit or miss drug based on an individuals bio make up.

Thanks

Random indeed

Thanks

I agree well said

Thanks

I am one of those who has a good experience on Tramadol. I second that it is very synergistic with benzos. If you take them for what they are instead of expecting too much, you will find yourself pleasantly surprised. One noteworthy attribute is that they don't seem to numb up the sexual experience as can opiates such as oxycodone. The tramadol enhances the sex, but doesn't make you take four years to get off.

The key to avoiding the stomach upset that I've noticed is to ramp up on the dosage. Don't grab a handful of pills and gulp them down. I typically start out with six of the 50mg tablets and add two every half hour until I get to where I'd like to be. Once you're up there, its very nice. The nifty thing about these is that you can buy them for next to nothing; the fact that many more dislike them than like them drives the price way down. They're also pretty plentiful. Doctors in my area seem to have moved from prescribing Vicodin for a base level painkiller to Tramadol.

If you can snag some, enjoy!
    If you don't know, PLEASE ask. This is a harm reduction site!
    If I've helped you in some way, please don't forget "rep points" and "thanks"
    PLUR!