PROBLEMS TO REGISTER? CAN'T POST? - PLEASE EMAIL US HERE!!

THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY. NO SOURCING, DEALING OR UNLICENSED VENDOR LINKS.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KAVA KAVA .......

Thanks

Actually numbing the mouth and very light sedation bordering on placebo is what I got with Kava. I was hoping to use it as a sleep aid but didn't work at all... Always tried extracts, can't talk for the whole root.

And there's not much problems even taking it often, people in Fiji drink it every day and they are fine.

Thanks

I have some Kava Kava on the way from my friend over at HSH - he's considering stocking it for one of his expansion sites. He wasn't a fan, but wanted by opinion too - i'll post if there is any difference in what has already been reported:-P
    Shine On,

NSFWJonathan

Check out Blindsided!
    www.mediadosage.com

Director of Marketing for HSH Products Inc.

Thanks

sounds kewl .......
    ~~~ cRawLing To HeLL WiTh sOme WhisKy And A bLuNt ~~~it's dark and hell is hot

Thanks

Kava's quite nice, wasnt strong enough for my liking though... its a bit hit and miss with those i gave a few boxes too... some loved it and other couldnt feel a thing(prob cause those where the weed fiends). I'ts like a low dos of a benzo in my view.

oh btw i imported it in the form of yogi tea bags from the US, no problems with customs, have three bags per one cup.

Technically its illegal to buy or sell for inturnal use in the UK

Ok one yogi tea bag has 23.4mg of kavalactones... three tea bags = 70.2.

heres a quote from another supplier about dosage:

A single shell of kava as served in Vanuatu can contain anywhere from 150 to 500 milligrams of kavalactones, depending on the variety used, the method of preparation, the ratio of kava root to water, and the volume of kava per shell. Kava drinkers there consume anywhere from 500 to 2,500 milligrams of kavalactones per day for years at a time without any apparent ill effects. This casts the Kava Committee recommendation in a highly questionable light.
    No wonder why i havent got totally wasted on the stuff the most i've ever had is 210.6mg... damm
    Last edited by crazyfox; 11-21-2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Dosage's & thrice in a row

Thanks

I've tried kava (yogi) tea bags before. Tastes good, tried using the root(cheap ebay stuff) once and and that tasted fowl. BTW I've just found out hot water brakes down the kavalactones... not only that but i found once i've had one cup of 3 tea bags theres not much point in redosing... those yogi tea bags contain very low levels of klactones

Im going to get some Instant Kava from the US and maybe to potent powder, there was an addative that people where using 2 years ago that took away the nastyness of the root but I cant remember whats called.

Nakamalathome has lots of info on recipe's and such but there also where im buying from... ill give an update on how it compares to yogi in both strength and taste.

Kavalactones brake down at 60 Degrees C and water boils at 100 Degrees C
    Last edited by crazyfox; 11-21-2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Again didnt want to make another post... got temp details.

Thanks

Just put 21 kava yogi tea bags in two and a half cups of cold water... ill update on the results.

Thanks

Its quite nice... didnt really get as krun as i normally get drunk, may have been those tea bags. the effects dont last that long either... around 2-3 hours, which is a shame

Got 63g normal and 20g of shaman instant kava from a good seller that was offering free delivery from the us on certain kava products

Thanks

21 tea bags seems a lot of effort to get a good Kava experience. I started Kava around 5 year ago and first was introduced to shamen's Kava, this brand is OK to start with but the only one I seemed to like was the chocolate instant, a lot is was needed to achieve any kind of reasonable result with the instant or any of there products.

I became concerned with reports of the Kava with liver damage but found with loads of research that the problem seemed to be that stupid vendors were trying to bulk out the product and was using all the root. Only the more central part has been traditionally used, whilst other parts contain toxins that the liver cant process. Germany banned the Kava because so many people were put in to hospital and blamed the Kava plant itself, after a year or so the German government over turned their ban and put processes in to place where Kava producers had to prove the product had parts that should not be in the Kava.

I also got in touch with a leading scientist in Australia who was involved with the biggest study know yet of the plant ans suggested to me that there is no problem with the Kava but a round a 250 to 350'ish measurement per day was suggested to the world health org, or maybe it was the FDA ( I am unsure about this because it was at least 2 years ago)

Anyhow after experiments I found that 400 is the level that I like, but on erowidz some completely mad people have taken in to the 1000 mark of does, I just think that is crazy So a few thing I do know about Kava is that do not mix it with alcohol, if you take antidepressants then give it a 7 hour gap until you take the Kava, do not take them together as this can lead to your liver working over time. If your using this regular then I would feel like 3 to 4 times a week is responsible, as it only acts on similar receptors to alcohol although I enjoy Kava more.

Kava is an odd taste and think you got to find what suits your self best. I buy now from real kava, there instant is really nice to drink and it the most potent Kava I have tried. When I drink this Kava I always add 20 drops of the Kava tincture from shamens, the real kava product you get an effect from about 4 teaspoons where as I felt with shamens instant that it seemed like 3 tablespoons and more to achieve the same goal. If there was a spice diamond in the Kava world I would chose the real kava instant and think people should stay away from cheap Kava or producers that have not been recommended.

One more thing I want to add is that if you ever have a sore throat or toothache then Kava is the best natural treatment for these probs. Just want to state that I have no affiliation with any of the products I have mentioned and have posted to try and add to help people find Kava that works well because you can loose a lot of money in the process

Thanks

Personnaly i tried kava kava twice, but tho i have a reliable source for ethnobotanical stuff, i found this one pretty pointless n uneffective, hardly no pronounced effects, really subbtle tbh. I tried the extract, mixed with coconut milk, tasted lucious, tho a real waste of money to me, still prefer kratom. I mereley think some plants should only be used while on "holidays" as tourist in the land they come from...

Thanks

Kava kava is mild. But it's a nice addition to botanical mixtures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deven View Post
    Poisoned is very harmless and every one knows this reality and still in the world suicide with poison is increasing and there is the government taking any action.