PROBLEMS TO REGISTER? CAN'T POST? - PLEASE EMAIL US HERE!!

THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY. NO SOURCING, DEALING OR UNLICENSED VENDOR LINKS.

Thread: Our universe; Closed, Open or Flat?

Thanks

Default Our universe; Closed, Open or Flat?

I personally think we live in a closed universe undergoing a constant cycle of Big Bang's and Big Crunch's. My most logically reason is that everything in life is based on balances - take stingy nettles and doc leafs as an example - they always grow near each other.

Therefore I believe we will undergo a Big Crunch in the future immediately followed by another Big Bang thus the universe will grow once again.

Any Physicists out there?

Thanks

If that were to be true, what started the first one? Always back to the same question. GOD?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crow7689 View Post
    If that were to be true, what started the first one? Always back to the same question. GOD?
    that's part of the theory of the closed universe... the idea is either that everything that exists already existed and has always existed because existance in and of itself is critical of the existance of it's own 'universe', Or matter is being piped into our universe through some conduit somewhere, Or everything started as a singularity... a single 'mass' of sub-atomic particles and all of the energy in the universe, during every moment (which may or may not exist in a world lacking space-time) it both explodes and implodes due to it's own energy and gravity, untill something happens to break that bond and.. boom,

that being said, I don't think our universe is in a cycle... I think it's an open universe and that it is esentially flat with a bulbous center. I beleive the big bang happened, I don't know what happened before that, I have to assume our 'universe' or the finite space we inhabit, was orrigionally empty and that there is basically a soup of universes, one that was chock full of matter that was uber dense made a connection to ours and bang... the shit hits the fan.. or atleast that's my theory.

I beleive unlocking the mysteries of antimatter will eventually lead us to a truth about the origins of everything.

This guy is obviously full of shit.. he didn't do any of this, and neither should any of you.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
    if i'm going to kill someone, it's damn well going to be me.

Thanks

think of the russin dolls

Thanks

This may sound weird but I believe the Universe we see, or think we see is not outer at all but inner instead. It will always appear to be around.
    This is what I see when I look anyway...

Thanks

All that is... IS. The everything and the nothing, the matter and the anti-matter, the ying and the yang, the alpha and the omega.

Life is the energy (the frequency of matter, the vibrational force,) that permeates through everything, the "empty" space that connects and unifies, allowing the infinite expansion and recreation of more life.

The ebb and the flow of the tides, the cyclic nature of the seasons, the ups and the downs of relationships, and the rise and the fall of civilisations are examples of "The breathing in and the breathing out of life"

Nothing in your life ever stays the same, there is always a constant changing (in your views, opinions, knolwedge, friends, work etc. etc.) This is life forever expressing itself as a newer/better/different version of itself.

This is why I love the experience of relativity,

In relation to "Who we are being" we are constantly in every moment of now, recreating ourselves anew in the grandest version of the greatest vision we have for ourself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aussieboy View Post
    All that is... IS. The everything and the nothing, the matter and the anti-matter, the ying and the yang, the alpha and the omega.

Life is the energy (the frequency of matter, the vibrational force,) that permeates through everything, the "empty" space that connects and unifies, allowing the infinite expansion and recreation of more life.

The ebb and the flow of the tides, the cyclic nature of the seasons, the ups and the downs of relationships, and the rise and the fall of civilisations are examples of "The breathing in and the breathing out of life"

Nothing in your life ever stays the same, there is always a constant changing (in your views, opinions, knolwedge, friends, work etc. etc.) This is life forever expressing itself as a newer/better/different version of itself.

This is why I love the experience of relativity,

In relation to "Who we are being" we are constantly in every moment of now, recreating ourselves anew in the grandest version of the greatest vision we have for ourself.
    You could'nt have said that any better...

Thanks

I hate to break it to erryone but I'm almost positive the universe is open with the way things have been expanding recently it seems unlikely that the big crunch will occur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deven View Post
    Poisoned is very harmless and every one knows this reality and still in the world suicide with poison is increasing and there is the government taking any action.

Thanks

Any of you guys have Netflix? Check out Stephen Hawking's Universe, specifically the 3rd episode where he explains how he believes the universe came to be and how it will end. It's riveting stuff.