PROBLEMS TO REGISTER? CAN'T POST? - PLEASE EMAIL US HERE!!

THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT FORUM FOR HARM MINIMIZATION ONLY. NO SOURCING, DEALING OR UNLICENSED VENDOR LINKS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Company makes any plant produce THC and the tomatoes are especially yummy

Thanks

Default Company makes any plant produce THC and the tomatoes are especially yummy

http://thecrit.com/2009/06/03/compan...ecially-yummy/

Oakdale, CA: Scientists at Montsaint Genie Tech Inc. announced today that they have successfully transferred the gene segment that produces the psychotropic chemical THC in cannabis plants to many other common garden plants, including tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, and more.
    “We probably can put the THC segment into almost any plant in existence,” says lead scientist Rebeca Vale. “It’s a very simple process. We are starting work on oak and maple trees now.”

Asked if the resulting plants could be used in ways similar to cannabis, Vale replied, “Well, you can’t make twine out of a tomato plant, but if someone were to dry it and smoke it, all of the medicinal and psychotropic effects of marijuana would be present. And what’s more, we have learned that tomatoes, in particular, actually produce more THC than cannabis itself.”
    But is it legal? “Actually, yes,” says Vale. “Our research qualifies as GMO ‘intellectual property’, as does the process itself. Since tomatoes and other plants are not illegal, a person would be well within the law to grow them and use them as they please.”

Vale says that her company is working on a spray that will transfer the segment to many plants simply by spraying the leaves of seedlings.
    “It’s a very simple process,” she says. “Anyone can do it. We plan to start selling the spray - ‘Genie Mist’ - in a matter of weeks. One bottle will sell for five dollars and be capable of treating 6,000 seedlings.”
    But how do the tomatoes taste? “Scrumptious,” Vale says. “But, of course, they are best when roasted.”
    ... is this a joke or what?

Thanks

well.... iam not to sure what to think neo !?!?! lol would be a wounderfull world though !
    ~~~ cRawLing To HeLL WiTh sOme WhisKy And A bLuNt ~~~it's dark and hell is hot

Thanks

I posted that up on another forum after a friend had linked me.

tho it doesn't say so on that page, if you click the 'source' link, it brings you to the orrigional document, one of whom's labels is humor.

I have to presume it's fake.

This guy is obviously full of shit.. he didn't do any of this, and neither should any of you.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
    if i'm going to kill someone, it's damn well going to be me.

Thanks

Sounds fake, but fuck, that would be revolutionary. It's very much possible, though not yet I don't think.
    All things in moderation...

Thanks

It's fake, you can't perform gene splicing just using some sort of spray.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THCDunc View Post
    It's fake, you can't perform gene splicing just using some sort of spray.
    it is *theoreticaly* feezable to introduce the enzymes that create THC to a plant by feeding it a very steady supply of them... tho you'd probably have to do it through the roots, and it would have to be basically daily or hourly, and would probably be far more expensive than it's ly worth...

not that genetic engineering can't (or hasn't already ) created these plants... Say you invented the THC containing corn strain... How many people would you tell in the current polictical environment...

This guy is obviously full of shit.. he didn't do any of this, and neither should any of you.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
    if i'm going to kill someone, it's damn well going to be me.

Thanks

too good to be true...
    it's a shame, that would be the greatest invention ever...

Thanks

Unfortunately this is to good to be true. Would be pretty sick to turn any plant into weed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deven View Post
    Poisoned is very harmless and every one knows this reality and still in the world suicide with poison is increasing and there is the government taking any action.

Thanks

Yeah become apparent it was fake when they said you could spray it on and it would make any plant produce THC.

Thanks

We are laughing today, but I am convinced that if the movie "Splice" was scientifically possible, and knowing that we already engineer plants to do all sorts of wierd things...that in the future this may be possible, and it would completely revolutionize the way we think about THC. This may be fiction, but it is not science fiction.