PDA

View Full Version : The Official Nootropics Thread

Neo
04-16-2009, 03:09 AM
I would like to start a sticky thread for Nootropics, this interests me very much and would love to see some good suggestions for products, chemicals and other natural sources.

Nootropics, also referred to as smart drugs, memory enhancers, and cognitive enhancers, are drugs, nutraceuticals, brain food and functional foods that are purported to improve human cognitive abilities.[1][2] The term covers a broad range of substances including drugs, nutrients and herbs with claimed cognitive enhancing effects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic

Neo
04-16-2009, 03:15 AM
I currently take Clinicians 'Brain Function Formula' which contains the following.

Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) is both an oil and water soluble neuroprotective antioxidant.

ALA is of considerable interest because of its ability to quench oxygen free radicals as well as helping to protect tissues from damage by mercury plus its liver clearing activity.

Faulty phase 2 conjugation of chemicals in the liver can affect neurological health and ALA helps clear this pathway.

Coenzyme Q10 is a potent lipid-soluble antioxidant which is involved in energy restoration and cell protection. It helps maintain the function of cardiac and vascular tissue and may protect it from free radical damage.

Vitamin E is an essential antioxidant that protects cell membranes from damage.

Its beneficial effects are complemented by Vitamin C which actively donates electrons to neutralise free radicals which attack vulnerable lipid-containing brain structures.

The human body stores vitamin C in high quantities in the brain as a means of reducing oxidative activity.

The L-dopa metabolites which are produced in the brain as a result of alcohol consumption are neutralised by vitamin C.

N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine is a potent intracellular antioxidant and may protect the brain from mitochondrial damge.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine is a membrane stabiliser that supports cellular adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and therefore optimises energy production by cells.

Phosphatidyl Serine provides nutritional support for brain function and nerve transmission by supporting cell surface conductivity.

Vitamin D has a protective effect against brain cell deterioration.

Gingko biloba may promote healthy mental function by optimising energy production and promoting healthy microcirculation.

L-Glutamine is a free form amino acid that readily crosses the blood-brain barrier where it is transformed into glutamic acid which is a primary fuel in the brain.

Neo
04-16-2009, 03:28 AM
I also take Natural Fish Oil caps which are supposed to be good for memory, support healthy circulation, skin, joint and brain function.

Agewise Omega-3 Fish Oil 1000mg

Containing;

Equiv. Omega-3 marine triglycerides 300mg
Providing Eicosapentaenoc Acid (EPA) 180mg
Providing Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 120mg

I have 3 of these per day, and have noticed improved short term memory recall and general quickness of thinking has increased. Has had a positive effect on my skin as well.

piracetam101
06-07-2009, 04:11 AM
Piracetam w/ Choline Citrate -
Makes you think easiers, colors glow, music sounds better.
Makes weed, e, lsd, and many other psy's much more intense.
Rebuilds brain cells, good for memory.

5-HTP -
Mood enchancer, balances the chemical levels in your brain.

Ginko -
Increases blood flow to the brain, memory enchancer.
Makes you dream if taken at night (good for potheads who don't dream).

Start taking these and it'll change your life :-)

GOA
06-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Looking into getting piracetam sometime before returning to school and during. Anyone have suggestions for combinations or daily dosage regimines? Perhaps some vendors based in NA?

Neo
06-09-2009, 01:18 AM
How safe is Piracetam to use on a regular basis?

GOA
06-09-2009, 01:39 AM
Surprisingly non-toxic.

piracetam101
06-09-2009, 02:23 AM
Alright here's how to grab some piracetam.

Google checkout is your friend.

http://www.google.com/products?q=piracetam&oe=utf-8&price1=10.00&price2=27.00&lnk=prsugg

I found this on another forum

Its all in how much you want to pay... For me its a no brainer, buy the bulk powder. Take your morning dose in powder form (roughly 1/2 tsp = 2 grams... get more sizes of spoons for different measures but with piracetam you can fudge on the dosage). I just toss the measured dose in my mouth and chug some water as it doesn't taste too bad.

Next buy a cap em quick system and some capsules (type OO tend to work the best for piracetam and other larger dose powders in my experience each capsule will hold about 800 mg), you can get this from Bulk Nutrition with your piracetam order. 750 capsules for about $8 and the cap em quick machine for $8 and I highly recommend a tamper for $5 to pack your capsules (once you cap you will see what I mean)

cap em quick machine
http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=557

capsules
http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=555

tamper
http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=1377

I bought the tamper and machine with 750 capsules and it was only like $25 including shipping.

Capsules are the way to go. The powder tastes gross.

Also make sure you get enough choline by either the supplement you can buy online or just make sure you eat chicken or eggs every few days. If you don't you may start to get headaches.

I dose by each capsule is 800mg. In the beginning take 3 capsules morning noon and dinner. (This is known as your "attack dose")

Then reduce it down to two capsules 3 times a day.

enduin
06-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Problem is ordering supplement from USA is very tricky and is likely to result in the package stopped at the customs (at least here in Italy, dunno if in the rest of EU it's different), like already happened when I ordered some high dosage Vit C pills from one of my favourite US herbal medicines supplier...
A European seller would be welcome, but so far the only one I've found is DocSimon, anyone tried it?

I'm curious about Piracetam and other more potent racetams like aniracetam, oxyracetam, etc

piracetam101
06-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Other racetams are supposidly to be much more potent, with pramiracetam have some very very good results.

The only problem is cost. Although your dosage may be less and needed to be taken less often, piracetam's price can't be beat.

You can easily grab like 700grams of piracetam for around $25 dollars shipped.(at least to the us)

enduin
06-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Yeah I know about the cost issue... I'd still be curious to try some other racetam, BUT still I'd need to find them first, and surely wouldn't risk to have a pretty expensive package seized!
I wanted to try Vinpocetine also, but more as a potentiators than as alone, I've heard wonders about it!

piracetam101
06-10-2009, 02:41 AM
http://www.erowid.org/smarts/piracetam/piracetam_law.shtml

I'd double check the law of your country. If it does get seized wouldn't you be able to make a customs declaration stating that you didn't violate any laws?

I'm sure you could get it through just fine (hopefully, that would suck a lot if it did happen)

enduin
06-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Yep, if seized I could sign a paper where I have to declare ALL my personal info, ID card, etc (which is never a good thing here even if everything is perfectly legal), plus the amount of the stuff hasn't to be more than what they judge is the daily amount needed for a month, plus you have to declare under your responsibility what is the content of the product, what is its use, that it's not illegal, etc, plus on top of that you have to pay damn expensive custom fees, and when this hapened to me it was more than the value of my order, so I just let go...

piracetam101
06-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Yikes, sounds like a hassle. Well the best of luck to you finding it.

Are you trying to find a european vendor? I'm not really sure how to help.

Spaced out
06-11-2009, 09:36 AM
neo why don't you open a small Nootropics shop here id buy some Http i think its called :D

piracetam101
07-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Just found this,

http://isochroma.com/Testfiles/Piracetam!/Racetam%20Prices.htm

Good price chart for 'acetams.

GOA
07-22-2009, 12:59 AM
Nice. Been looking for a piracetam supplier. Never tried the stuff before, though I've heard many good things.

blookoo
08-21-2009, 06:41 PM
I've tried Piracetam, Oxiracetam and Aniracetam. Ani's the best, I combine it with 1g Theanine and a strong coffee to help with long meetings and coding.
I get anxiolytic effects from it, and it really helps with allowing thoughts to flow freely.
The Theanine makes you more calm and counteracts the coffee's tweakyness. The ani and coffee combine to give a lovely mild speedy effect.

I'm running out of Ani now though :( Need to find some suppliers who ship outside the US.

ashxcore
08-24-2009, 05:29 AM
I need to read up on this.
I've heard of interactions with certain drugs and I'm not sure what to make of it.
Also, I wonder what happens when one combines the -racetams with amphetamine or something like Modafinil.

quasimodo
08-24-2009, 06:14 AM
I find piracetam will intensify stims & smoke blends. Usually take it about an hour before.

I think *racetams work by increasing blood flow to the brain, which could also increase neurotoxicity etc.

ashxcore
08-24-2009, 11:00 PM
I heard they block the effectiveness of certain drugs, like dissociatives.

blookoo
08-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Just found a good source for ani/oxi/PEA/GABA "just outside the uk". Next day delivery as well. Got mine today :D

GOA
09-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Just found this,

http://isochroma.com/Testfiles/Piracetam!/Racetam%20Prices.htm

Good price chart for 'acetams.

That link doesn't seem to be working anymore due to bandwidth... you remember those links, 101? Looking to get some piracetam and choline to start off.

Neo
09-09-2009, 01:38 AM
www.Smartnutrition.info (http://www.Smartnutrition.info) have some good products.

I am not affiliated with them in any way, but have recently ordered off them and provide excellent service.

GOA
09-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Looking for bulk.

piracetam101
09-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Haha just use google cache

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:IYOTGE-qK8wJ:isochroma.com/Testfiles/Piracetam!/Racetam%2520Prices.htm+http://isochroma.com/Testfiles/Piracetam!/Racetam%2520Prices.htm&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

To do this you just search for the website in google then click on the cache link and google will bring you to its snapshot.

Crazy google is downloading the internet haha.

GOA
09-09-2009, 03:46 PM

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:IYOTGE-qK8wJ:isochroma.com/Testfiles/Piracetam!/Racetam%2520Prices.htm+http://isochroma.com/Testfiles/Piracetam!/Racetam%2520Prices.htm&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

To do this you just search for the website in google then click on the cache link and google will bring you to its snapshot.

Nice trick. I've used it before for something similar but totally forgot about it this time. :o

Thanks!

GOA
09-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Ordered 1kg of Synaptine, which is supposedly a 4:3 blend of piracetam to choline. Is this product pure and of good quality?

blookoo
09-10-2009, 09:02 PM

Shiiiiiit. I think my credit card's going to be taking a battering soon. So many choices!

blookoo
09-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Ordered 1kg of Synaptine, which is supposedly a 4:3 blend of piracetam to choline. Is this product pure and of good quality?

What form of choline? I have the citrate, which is meant to be the best value - but I generally don't use it, a few eggs every day sorts me out. I'd recommend ani & oxi if you want less subtle results btw.

GOA
09-13-2009, 03:50 PM
choline bitartarate

It's my first time with nootropics, so I'd like to start at a good reference point. Piracetam seems fine for now.

ashxcore
09-14-2009, 04:36 AM
Ani and oxi are wayyyy too expensive.
Pira for the win for now.

GOA
09-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Ani and oxi are wayyyy too expensive.
Pira for the win for now.

Agreed. I figure, why waste money on the biggies first when I don't even know if the basics are going to give me expected results.

And I really want some hydergine (ergoloid mesylates), but it's expensive and almost impossible to find it bulk.

ashxcore
09-16-2009, 05:18 AM
Hydergine? Identify and explain.

GOA
09-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Hydergine? Identify and explain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergoloid

ashxcore
09-20-2009, 12:49 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ErgoloidI don't see the point. :confused:

GOA
09-20-2009, 01:10 AM
It is thought to increase oxygen levels in the brain and potentiates neurotransmission, much like other nootropics, though its mechanism of action is not fully understood. It works very well apparently, and I would trust anything that Mr. Hoffman would have prescribed. :p

ashxcore
09-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Yeah, I noted the Sandoz.

GOA
09-25-2009, 01:27 AM
Piracetam FTW! I love this stuff. Really gets me in the mood to do tedious stuff like studying and it completely cured my antisocial behavior and bouts of anhedonia. Anybody interested in psychoactives and supplementation should seriously check this out.

Next, I'm going to look for some Hydergine and perhaps Adra-/Modafinil.

enduin
09-25-2009, 09:38 AM
What about dosage and timing? I found piracetam to be quite a good wakemeup in the morning without being physically stimulant, but not more than that. Dosage I tried 4,8-6g in the morning.

ashxcore
09-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Hmmm...it's the perfect time to scoop up some Piracetam.

durd1e
11-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Why did so much of this spam shit start just now?

Neo
11-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Removed spam.

durd1e
11-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Sorry dude it wasn't a criticism or anything I was just amused imagining armies of spammers working hard to get christmas bonuses.

durd1e
11-30-2010, 12:46 AM
I have used hydergine in the past and TBH it doesn't really benefit the healthy user. It has some extremely mild visual disturbances and a feeling like you are concentrating but makes it actually a tiny bit more difficult to complete tasks.

Neo
11-30-2010, 12:48 AM
Has anyone tried the Smart Nutrition "Get Smart" ?

alcast082
05-23-2011, 07:46 PM
I came across this topic while researching piracetam,
Hello,

I was involved in a high speed car accident and as a result suffered a traumatic brain injury. My concentration, memory and ability to stay focused were impacted greatly. At first I would get headaches and dizzy when trying to read or perform many cognitive functions. Now I am much better but no where near to pre TBI status. Depending on the activity I feel perfect for a limited time and then suffer from brain fog, trouble staying concentrated, thinking. It is difficult to describe, I even have a hard time with my eyesight and focusing(shopping or going to the supermarket) once the brain fog has set in.
I had the accident 2 years ago and I have gotten much better but I would like to know if you could share any information(supplements,medications,treatment, anything) on the subject. I am researching nootropics, taking brahmi(gotu Kola) and going to start piracetam. I've tried different things and have noticed that medication like adderal,provigil help greatly(some days) but would like to take things that will help me get better in the future as well as helping me concentrate now.
I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can provide since I am pretty much in the dark about how I can get better. I apologize for the long post or if someone feels this is the incorrect thread for my post

Thank you

Neo
05-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Mate, order some of these http://smartnutrition.info/Get-Smart.htm

Trust me.

Eat dried cranberries, take fish oil supplements and also if you have lost motor skills, get a playstation and practice hard at gran turismo. Also you could get some puzzles such as soduku.

Order those get smarts and get back to me after 1 week of using them, tell me how they are.

alcast082
05-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Get smart looks great, I ordered piracetam. I take brahmi and vinpocentine and notice those two help the most with a little caffeine or an energy pill. THe get smart looks like a great combo and well priced, Im going ot order and let you know how it went, thanks
Motor skills are fine, I play some wii and play station specially call of duty.
My main problem is not being 100% all the time like I used to be. After the crash I am 100% for 20 minutes or a couple of hours depending on the day or my workload/activities but I never know.
Thank you again for the quick response and input

Neo
05-23-2011, 11:35 PM
No problem. Let us know how you get on and perhaps there are some other things that can help. I recommend exercise is the single greatest thing to help you as well.

alcast082
05-24-2011, 02:48 AM
I ordered and later on received a call from one of the employees from smart nutrition, I had forgotten to put my apartment number under my shipping info.
The person was very knowledgeable and explained that what I ordered should help in my situation also he suggested a product called Idebenone and said he would send me literature with my order "increases Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) in the brain."
I'll update once I start the products.. Thanks again for your input

Neo
05-24-2011, 03:49 AM
I ordered and later on received a call from one of the employees from smart nutrition, I had forgotten to put my apartment number under my shipping info.
The person was very knowledgeable and explained that what I ordered should help in my situation also he suggested a product called Idebenone and said he would send me literature with my order "increases Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) in the brain."
I'll update once I start the products.. Thanks again for your input

You could also consider an IGF-1 supplement. Be-careful though as this stuff is expensive (up to USD $200 / month) and hard to know you are getting quality stuff.

alcast082
05-24-2011, 05:20 PM
I've tried igf-1 before my accident and sarms s-4 after. I have to research how igf-1 would help with my cognitive function. sarms s-4 along with other supplements helped me recover physically. I shattered my ulna and broke my radius, also broke my patella and had cartilage damage around the knee joint. What I took really helped rebuild, lubricate and relieve some pain from my joints.
Thanks for your continued responses and insight Neo. IT helps to not have to google and read article after article, specially because at some point my brain goes into slow mode.

Neo
05-25-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm no Doctor, but can offer suggestions where I can, it's up to you to research further into them as you are doing. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with the Nootropics (Get Smart)

Report back :)

alcast082
06-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Well I have a not so quick update.
Unfortunately what I've tried has either had little or no impact on my cognitive function.
I added vinpocentine, piracetam, cdp cholline. After reading such positive things about nootropics I was expecting to be able to stay at 100% for longer but no such luck. I'm going to continue to take it in hopes that in the long term it will help.
I also tried the combo called get smart (did not take the piracetam when I took this)
Aniracetam 800 mg
Centrophenoxine 300 mg
Pyritinol 300mg
Picamilon 100 mg
Oxiracetam 10mg
Huperzine A 100mcg

I've only take get smart for 4 days, the first time I noticed an onset of brain fog but the second day and so forth I noticed a mild improvement. I'm hoping things continue to progress, I know it is too soon and i'm going to give it some time. most of the components in get smart have shown positive results in helping people better their memory and cognitive function after TBIs, strokes, Alzheimer and other neuro degenerative diseases. All in all I am disappointed (I was hoping a strong effect after one pill) but I hope that in the mid to long term(3 to 6 months) I notice positive effects.
I read an interesting article titled "Cognitive Impairments in TBI: Pharmacological Treatment Considerations" that suggests using some ADD medications like adderal or ritalin, I tried adderall previously and it did help so I think I am going to visit a Psychiatrist and get a script. I'm going to try to see a specialist and depending on the cost maybe get some type of treatment or meds if there are any. I think that would be the best route since my progress has severely slowed down. One more thing to add, I'm researching Idebenone, if anyone has any experience with it or any other supps,meds that might help I would greatly appreciate the input. I'll update more in a week or so hopefully the get smart keeps getting better.

alcast082
09-08-2011, 02:37 AM
I've continued to try different things, I have to say the get smart/idebenone/brahmi combo works(along with multivitamin, specially the b's, fish oil,folic acid and other herbs like ginko). I def noticed an improvement but not enough to get back to what my brain use to be. I was on it for some time and tweeked it here and there so I would better through out the day.
After running out of things to try, I went back to the doctor route and have discovered a wealth of new information and more possible roads to recovery.
Currently I am taking adderall which has helped and tomorrow I start with a small dosage of aricept and cerefolinNAC(basically bio available folic acid and b vitamins). My general doctor has been the one that has helped me the most and pointed me in the right direction. Unfortunately the neurologist was very expensive and so far has offered no help(mind you have have insurance) except administering a $150 drug test incase he decided to prescribe something. The next step is making an appointment with a neuro psychologist and starting cognitive therapy. Hopefully this info will help someone in a similar situation, By no means am I cured but def better and less frustrated. One more thing, exercise regularly. Cardio weights and vary the routine. This actually will help rehabilitate your brain.
Thanks to everyone that helped out with advice,links and articles you guys really saved me time and kept me moving forward.

ChoiNguyen
01-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Although Gingko Biloba and Fish would be great for the mind, Piracetam actually has more of a clarifying effect on the human brain. :idea: I would like to start out by claiming that I am a Neuro-Boost Piracetam user. I have been using Piracetam from Smart Drugs for Thought (http://www.smartdrugsforthought.com) for nearly 10 months now. Before I was using piracetam, I used St. Johns Wort. I did like SJW however it did give me the "I don't care effect" with personal issues I should be paying attention to. Now these were not as severe as thought of. Piracetam, from a personal use, gives me more than a clarifying clear effect in my cognitive functions. Visual clarity is experienced at higher dosages (6400mg). I do take as much as 6400mg per day divided evenly side by side in the morning and evenings. The memory retention and verbal memory span, gained from Neuro-Boost Piracetam, is personally my normal day to day experience from this Nootropic. I do however take mroe than 6400 mg a day at least 2 to 3 times a week. However, I do not recommend this to anyone. This is simply my personal usage. Taking higher amounts of Piracetam would require the average human being to supplement this with Choline. Choline actually acts and rebuilds a the acetylcholine levels within the brain. Piracetam stimulates these neurotransmitters and might actually drain them in a sense. Now this isn't a bad thing at all. Foods that we eat typically maintain acetylcholine levels such as eggs, beef liver and cauliflower. I would like to say it is rare for Piracetam to have this effect in our brains at lower dosages. Typically, I take 1100mg of choline 2 times a week. So you see even at higher personal doses, I still do not receive these headaches from low acetylcholine levels. Personally I like to stay on the safe side when it comes to taking any supplement. Piracetam is personally my favorite supplement and I would recommend Neuro-Boost Piracetam (http://www.smartdrugsforthought.com/?page_id=26) to anyone(friends and family included).

P.S. Hydergine(prescription med) + Piracetam stack works like a charm. They are very much synergistic with each other. Consult with your doctor before staking these though. Other than that I would only recommend stacking Piracetam with Choline. "Smart Drugs for Thought" has vegetarian capsuled doses and they are always in stock. I've had there Piracetam lab tested at my job. This is pure piracetam to say the least.

alcast082
01-29-2012, 06:57 PM
I like piracetam and other racetams but since I've been taking aricept I didn't want to mess with my acetylcholine levels at all. I'm not really sure if its ok to mix racetams with aricept. If anyone has experience or knowledge on this I would appreciate any info on this topic.
thanks

ChoiNguyen
01-29-2012, 10:45 PM
I like piracetam and other racetams but since I've been taking aricept I didn't want to mess with my acetylcholine levels at all. I'm not really sure if its ok to mix racetams with aricept. If anyone has experience or knowledge on this I would appreciate any info on this topic.
thanks

Honestly, you should not have any problem taking piracetam with aricept. Piracetam would need to be stacked with choline if someone had low levels of acetylcholine levels to begin with. Eating eggs(yolk), beef liver, or cauliflower should help balance that out as well too. You would have nothing to worry about alcast082. Aricept breaks down the aceytlcholine neurotransmitters while piracetam stimulates them. Choline would actually support the reproduction and growth of acetylcholine levels as well.

The_One_and_Only_E
01-31-2012, 07:52 AM
Piracetam is something I've been enjoying lately. Way better than a cup of coffee in the morning.

alcast082
02-03-2012, 05:45 PM
ChoiNguyen
Actually aricept does the opposite, it works by stopping a specific enzyme(acetylcholinesterase) from breaking down acetylcholine in the brain. therefor more of it remains in the brain for a longer time. So if I were to supplement with choline I could actually have too much acetylcholine which leads to nausea, paranoia...
I did like the effects of piracetam, I'm going to introduce it slowly, check for improvement and if anything add very small amounts of a choline supplement(trial and error)

thanks for your input guys

ChoiNguyen
02-13-2012, 09:36 AM
@Alacast082

Thank you for the update. I was just reading that choline was a good supplement to stack with piracetam from reading an article @ www.smartdrugsforthought.com/piracetam-research it was somewhere near the bottom of the page what piracetam is synergistic with. I believe it is also very effective with a substance called hydergine, this was also on the page with a medical document that can be searched on google. It says it increases the effects by 500%. Well I will remember not to take too much choline. I've been actually taking roughly 1100mg of choline bitartrate per day along with 4800mg of piracetam. It's been great so far, but I'm considering lowering the choline intake due to it leading to nausea and paranoia at high level dosages. Thank you for informing me about this alcast082 it has been very helpful! Let us know you Test Results on your usage of piracetam and what you are planning to stack it with. I'm quite curious.

Neo
02-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Anyone tried Noopept?

ChoiNguyen
02-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Anyone tried Noopept?

Nope never gave it a shot. Wait for some more TRs to come through in my honest opinion. I'm not sure what adverse effects it could have.

ChoiNguyen
04-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Well I would like to update that I do not use a Cholinergic source for the time being. I'm giving myself specific test results with only racetam synergistic effects to determine effectiveness without the use of cholinergics. The two racetams I am only using now is Piracetam and Neuro Wave Aniracetam both sources from the same manufacturer here in the USA. These two racetams have given me reasons to have a relative sense of security and safety when I am ingesting either of them. Noopept will definitely have to wait until I have found enough valid research and studies performed on human beings. Piracetam and Aniracetam have enough valid information stating the positive and neuroprotective effects given when used. I wasn't able to find as much information as I did when I was conducting extensive research on Piracetam. I was able to find this document though from a particular website - Human studies have established that Aniracetam is a powerful cognitive enhancer. Study participants improved their scores on a number of intelligence and memory tests (Saletu, 1980, 1984). Piracetam is relatively safe and harmless for anyone that is interested in experiencing the effects of any nootropic or one that is part of the racetam family. I did however find Oxiracetam harmless as well. It also has a similar effect to the Piracetam and Aniracetam synergy. I was not able to find much information on the source though... I am in further studies in Oxi- (stated to be the much stronger form of Piracetam and shares very similar chemical structure) as well as Prami- (this has been stated to be the "cousin" to Aniracetam as they are both lipid soluble sources and are simliar in chemical structure). I have not tested out Pramiracetam, so I can not speak on the substance stated. This will have to be further down the road. As for the claims of one being stronger than the other, I would have to agree in the slightest way. From my own personal usage, all have different effects and one is only more potent than the other when comparing racetams of similar chemical structure (This stating my use and comparison of Piracetam and Oxiracetam)

Does a cholinergic source need to be used with a racetam? The answer is to be determined by the individual who can determine and test the difference results when using or not using the two sources.

Sources where information was gathered:
Erowid - Aniracetam, Piracetam
Smart Drugs for Thought - What is Aniracetam? (http://www.smartdrugsforthought.com/what-is-aniracetam) | What is Piracetam? (http://www.smartdrugsforthought.com/what-is-piracetam)
Drug-Forums - Nootropics - Racetams