PDA

View Full Version : Designer Drugs (T.V) National geographic

FloridaDeathTrip
02-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Was on t.v last night talking about the world of legal highs and designer drugs.You can see some of the clips that aired if you look up Designer Drugs Nat Geo on youtube..

First of all let me say I totally condone the program and them airing it last night as it just brings our underworld that much more bad press and awareness to the D.E.A.

Some of the things they talked about.The kid in Louisiana that did some bathsalts and slit his throat then shot himself in the head with a 22.
The chemist is newzealand that created BZP.( funny he says he created BZP as a safe alternative to meth and mdma was pretty fucking laughable.)

Drug dealers in Israel dealing mephedrone(they called it some whack Arabic slang term but it was mephedrone)

The D.E.A. raided some smoke shop in Kentucky and took all their shit and sent it to a lab for testing.That really blew my mind cause it seemed like the smoke shop was in total compliance but the D.E.A just seized everything they wanted and was doing illegal searches on patrons of the store.(That was a bit of a shock to me)
And they showed some little British wanker going around buying party pills and shit and some other little odds and ends..

Was really interesting to say the least but I was extremely shocked they didn't talk about MDPV at all..

Just thought I would share that with you guys like I said they got some of the videos posted on youtube this morning..

Designer Drugs Nat Geo

Peace.

The_One_and_Only_E
02-15-2012, 03:24 AM
I've seen bits and pieces. Interesting, but these programs always seem to give negative connotations. I liked the coverage on the illegal DEA raids.

FloridaDeathTrip
02-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Yeah now that I think about it E once the cops/DEA raid the place they have probable cause to search anyone on the property..I remember way back when I rolled up to my buddys house in the middle of a raid and the cops searched me and my vehicle so...Guess that explains it.

downtownhumanoid
02-17-2012, 03:08 PM
people get way too caught up with probable cause on the federal level. dont bother.

Dr. X
02-22-2012, 06:48 AM
I saw this.
I don't think it was DEA tho, I think it was a local or state task force.
I can't believe they're allowed to just seize all that product like they did.

FloridaDeathTrip
02-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah X it seemed to be a shock and very surprising but we both know that the cops had to have probable cause to do it especially as it was being video taped.

I watched the replay of the program.The clerk was telling an informant the day before the raid how to smoke some of the spice so that alone says that all the stuff they were selling was infact for human consumption.

It's a tricky game (legal highs) you have to play by the rules cause if you don't you get burned.

EDIT* Yeah it was the local drug taskforce correct X .