PDA

View Full Version : Legal Opium Like Legal-High? Is it a Research Chemical or an Plant Extract?

NY_Hippie
07-28-2009, 06:09 AM
Edit: I just realized that I used the word "legal" twice in the title. My mistake.

Hi everyone. I used to be a member of EveryoneDoesIt and GrassCity (but EDIT closed down and I got perma-banned from GC for saying that the forums were there to bring revenue to the store) and after EDIT closed down I was pretty much done with drug forums until now.

When I was at this big music festival called The Gathering of the Vibes, I was told that the majority of the opium there was fake and that it only gave you a fraction of the high that real opium does. After buying some and smoking it I can definitely say that this produces a very similar feeling to opium, but it is much weaker than opium straight from the pod (consistent with what I had been told). The high was as noticeable as a weed high, but was quite different, but not as strong as it should have been.

Now, previously the only legal thing close to opium that I had heard of was opium lettuce, but I've read that the plant produced very little high at all. However, in recent years the legal highs scene has really seen some incredible progress like:
-All the new herbal blends (Like Spice Gold/Diamond, Ex-Ses, Skunk, and Smoke to name a few) are nearly as good as actual weed,
-Legal e-substitutes like London Underground Doves and Summer Daze are better that some of the actual E pills that are on the market in the states.
-Research Chemicals like Mephedrone, Methlyone, and Butlyone are about as good as pure MDMA, (though slightly different)
-And chemicals like jwh-018, jwh-73, "CP 47,497,", and HU-210 (which are the kinds of chemicals that are found in the aforementioned herbal blends)

So with all this stuff out there now, it wouldn't surprise me if someone had found a chemical that produces an opiate-like high. The reason why I'm searching for this is because I have bad pain from a herniated disk, a pinched nerve, and sciatica, but Drs won't prescribe me anything stronger than Tramadol because I'm young and have long hair. One 50mg pill of Tramadol only helps me only 2 or 3 regular strength ibuprofen (advil), the only difference being that the Tramadol didn't hurt my stomach. Read this though - I met a guy in his 40's who had the same exact conditions in the same exact locations and he was getting morphine pills and morphine injections.

Thanks for your help.

sleepy
07-28-2009, 10:13 AM
There's many prescription opiates stronger than tramadol, I'd certainly direct your search in that direction if I were you.

As for the completely legal side of things - have you tried poppy pod tea?

NY_Hippie
07-28-2009, 04:41 PM
There's many prescription opiates stronger than tramadol, I'd certainly direct your search in that direction if I were you.

As for the completely legal side of things - have you tried poppy pod tea?

I realize that there are many stronger prescription opiates, in fact just about every single other one out there is stronger than Tramadol, but do to my appearance and age, the Doctors won't prescribe me anything stronger.

And as far as poppy pod tea, no I haven't tried it. I've tried poppy seed tea but both these things are still very much illegal as they contain trace amounts of different opioid compounds.

I really just want to find out what this legal high was that was sold as opium. I searched google but all I could find was an herbal blend called Opi-8, but that couldn't have been it because Opi-8 was broken up herbs whereas the stuff I have is black and has the same latex-constancy of opium.

Thanks for your response though.

stux
07-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Kratom my friend. Acts on the opiate receptors and does alleviate pain.

What you had may well have been kratom resin.

More info here - http://www.legalhighsforum.com/showthread.php?t=172

:)

BumpBump
09-11-2009, 09:34 PM
yeh second them, poppy tea is opium... kratom is like an opiate.
i take it your in the states or i would have suggested j collis brownes or a codeine cwe

crazyfox
11-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Theres allways O-Desmethyltramadol, havent heard much about it though but its legal.

N30nbluk
11-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Kratom sounds the best bet for you. While its not goin to be as strong, its cheap and legal and does provide a similar effects. Not sure about painkillin effects but it does give a nice mellow high. Very relaxin if choose the right Verierty or strain. Give it a go.

NY_Hippie
11-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Well I have some good news as far as my pain is concerned. I started seeing a new doctor who will be doing my surgery and he prescribed me Opana (oxymorphone) which is the best opiate I've ever had. For my back pain I've only been prescribed Tramadol, however, recreationally I've tried just about every major opiate except entangle and methadone, and this is the best stuff I've ever had (in regards to both euphoria and analgesia)

Theres allways O-Desmethyltramadol, havent heard much about it though but its legal.

Yeah, I just saw this show up recently on an RC supplier website and it was briefly discussed on another board I frequent but no one had tried it yet. I want to read some reviews first before I go plunging in head first. It's supposed to be 2 or 3 times stronger then actual Tramadol. Its possible that it could be covered under the analog laws though.

Kratom sounds the best bet for you. While its not goin to be as strong, its cheap and legal and does provide a similar effects. Not sure about painkillin effects but it does give a nice mellow high. Very relaxin if choose the right Verierty or strain. Give it a go.

I tried a kratom extract once, and I didn't notice any effects at all. From what I've read some people just dont perceive any effects from kratom.

GOA
11-19-2009, 10:21 PM
True traditionial opium will fucking you out of your mind a nearly comatose state. You can't get stuff like that anymore unless you live in the native lands. I'm interested in this O-Desmethyltramadol though.

enduin
11-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Kratom can give some very good results but requires a lot of time and patience.

N30nbluk
11-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Kratom can give some very good results but requires a lot of time and patience.

I agree it takes time and testin to get best effects. First you need to find the right dose and then the strain that you prefer. From my experimenting i found normal leaf gives better results than some extracts. With the extracts some times it feel like its missin something you get from the leafs. But it can be unpleasant consuming the amount of powdered leaf you need. But it does work and does produce a nice high.

NY_Hippie
11-21-2009, 09:38 PM
True traditionial opium will fucking you out of your mind a nearly comatose state. You can't get stuff like that anymore unless you live in the native lands. I'm interested in this O-Desmethyltramadol though.

You don't need to "live in the native lands," you can always grow your own if you have the patience. There's even all different strains of opium poppy seeds you can buy online that have different characteristics.

And if that's what true opium is supposed to do, then what is heroin supposed to do? Put me in an actual comatose state? I mean, I realize that Opium contains the full spectrum of opiates while heroin is derived only from morphine, but still, heroin is one of the strongest opiods you can get.

The_One_and_Only_E
12-03-2011, 05:26 AM
Mimosa? Isn't that a source of DMT?

If you really want an opiate high, just grow poppies; their legal and contain morphine and codeine.