PDA

View Full Version : SSRI Anti-Depressants & Legal Highs

jdexia
05-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Hello All,

New to the forum and already have a pretty burning question.

'Someone who isn't me' currently takes SSRI Anti-depressants (Citalopram 20mg) and has just purchased Blast Off! and Tai Hai Gold Super Strength. Whilst I realise that you are not neccessarily health professionals and SWIM shouldn't rely on your advice; I would be really appreciative if you guys could share your experience.

My biggest concern is not SWIM's state of mind, as SWIM can control this as he only has very mild depression. However, SWIM is concerned that he could develop Serotonin Syndrome.

So, does anyone here have any experience of SSRI's and legal highs or any of the above herbal incenses combinations.

I know that anything based on a ecstasy-like or hallucinogenic feeling is likely to be dangerous and interact.

Many Thanks!
JD

Eyepopper
05-06-2011, 05:59 AM
IMO he'd be nuts to take any of these products when on Anti Ds.

He's not worried about the depression because its only mild, has he considered this might be the case because his anti D's are working?

Combine them with these products and who knows what the effect would be. Is it worth the risk? Really?

What goes up must come down and if he's already susceptible to depression and on medication for it then taking these would be too much of a risk if it was me.

Just my opinion.

Carl
05-10-2011, 04:16 PM
I take high strength AD's and also take legal highs and havn't really had any problems yet! :)...I may have got S.S :p but im a tough bean...tell him to try a small amount of legal high to see what happens then after two hours or so you know he should be ok with trying a bit more legal high :)...maybe he should miss his medication a day or so before, though at the end of the day he shouldn't take my word for it, I weigh around 83kgs so im not small and my body can take alot of pressure

Also after his legal high beinge he may get bad depression..worse than normal depression..To solve that one I make sure to get 8hrs sleep then get up and eat a decent amount of fruit like bannanas and red grapes with fruit juice or plenty of water and take an AD...if he gets Anxiety as well as with most depressed paitents, if you have any take 10mg of Valium or if no Valium then head back to bed for an hour or two until your AD starts working and the food is refreshing you...should be ok after that...a nice bath or shower works a treat also. :)

Have fun :D

watching_democracy_die
05-12-2011, 09:28 PM
SWIY is prescribed strong SSRI (not paxil) and doesn't find his illegal drug intake modifies it at all. Would be interesting to see a survey on that no?

After all if you can't read they teach you to read.

But if you can't feel they tell you it's your fault.

jimmygoodboy
05-28-2011, 12:47 AM
Swim previously was on 20mg citalopram and is now on 10mg Escitalopram, Swim has has no problems with taking MDMA just the usual come down (unless way over done). (Swim has had worse from just alcohol).
When trying RC's swim has found does is a big factor, recently swim took 3 and a half caps of Jolly Green granuales with a fair bit of whiskeyl and felt terrible the next day (very tiered and feeling the DRED), but a few weeks late swim took only 2 Jolly green granuel caps spread out over a drum and bass event with a few beers and felt pretty much ok the following day and had an awesome time. Swim thinks its pretty much like taking anyhting else , it depends on the location , dosege and what you mix with it. Swim would still recommend ENJOY

icaros1
05-29-2011, 06:24 PM
The best advice I can give you is never mix ssri's with legal highs containing maoi's:

The following antidepressants are ssri's:

citalopram (Celexa, Cipramil, Cipram, Dalsan, Recital, Emocal, Sepram, Seropram, Citox, Cital)
dapoxetine (Priligy)
escitalopram (Lexapro, Cipralex, Seroplex, Esertia)
fluoxetine (Prozac, Fontex, Seromex, Seronil, Sarafem, Ladose, Motivest,Flutop, Fluctin (EUR), Fluox (NZ), Depress (UZB), Lovan (AUS))
fluvoxamine (Luvox, Fevarin, Faverin, Dumyrox, Favoxil, Movox)
indalpine (Upstene) (discontinued)
paroxetine (Paxil, Seroxat, Sereupin, Aropax, Deroxat, Divarius, Rexetin, Xetanor, Paroxat, Loxamine, Deparoc)
sertraline (Zoloft, Lustral, Serlain, Asentra)
vilazodone (Viibyrd)
zimelidine (Zelmid, Normud)

Do not mix these with maoi legal highs such as kanna, thh, syrian rue etc as serotonin syndrome can be life-threatening. You have been warned!
I hope this helps answering your question

loathsome
05-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Depress (UZB)

Fucking best anti-depressant name ever!!